Thursday, February 09, 2006

JULIAN FIRE MORNING UPDATE

I left the RV park this morning at 6:30 AM to start work, and I drove into town to get a look at the burn area. I saw an observation aircraft(OV-10 Bronco) flying about 1000 feet over the site. I passed three Conservation Crews that were leaving the area. The fire had laid down extremely well through the night, and I could only see a couple of hot spots close to the ridge of the mountain. Smoke was coming from a valley behind the ridge, but I could not see much activity from my location.

I made my log haul down Banner Grade, and returned around 8:40AM and passed more fire crews that were leaving the area. I also noticed that the local CDF station had all of its trucks in their bays. With these indicators I believe that fire crews have this fire under control.

The humidity is forecast to be in the single digits in our area. The good news is the Santa Ana winds did not start blowing this morning as scheduled. With no strong winds blowing out of the desert the fire crews are at an advantage in fighting the fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home