Friday, May 05, 2006




STUMPS AND LOGS

Okay, so I have found a piece of machinery that I do NOT like to operate, the stump grinder. What a slow and ungainly creature. It took me eight hours to grind 18 stumps. I think they should call it the "Stump Nibbler" instead. I mean when I think of Stump Grinder, I think of some concentric ringed, titanium toothed, sharks mouth powered by a six cylinder Cummins Diesel engine that actually grinds the stump. The grinding should only take a few seconds, not almost an hour as it was with some of the bigger stumps we had.

The other picture is of me and the boys taking a small load of Red Oak and Chestnut Oak logs to the mill. The gal unloading the logs squashed my fender doing about $200 in damage. They paid us $60 for the logs, so I guess the mill made out pretty good on that deal! (Baine)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home